12/11/2012

Sporty Sunday



3 weeks ago my boyfriend mentioned to me that he had found a women's triathlon for me to compete in. I have been harping on all year about being healthy and being fit and he saw this as the perfect opportunity to have a goal to work towards.

My boyfriend has been doing triathlons since he was a junior and was supposed to compete in the world triathlon champs in Auckland last month but due to a car accident had to pull out.  I have always had massive admiration for anyone that completes such a tough and gruelling event and I guess now is my turn.

I must admit I have been feeling pretty nervous this week and its hit me today about what I'm doing. I have always been a very competitive person and this is no different. I am trying to concentrate on going out their and having fun to try and calm my nerves.

It is the first race in a series and I'm hoping to obviously better each race and improve my performance.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...